Sunday, January 26, 2014

Are you looking for your body's reset button?

Cleanses and juicing seems to be all the rage these days.  Everywhere I go, I see cleanse packages and juice bundles, and I've heard of people spending at least $200 a month on juices.  Everyone is hopping on the juicing and cleansing bandwagon.  

This Shape Magazine article outlines the key components of a healthy non-juice reset:  your-non-juice-detox
  •        Make a clean break
  •          Eat only whole foods
  •          Keep meals simple
  •          Eat slower
  •          Eat on a regular schedule
  •          Listen to your body
  •          Have 3 clean-eating meals and 1 snack each day

I agree with these basics, and the Beachbody Ultimate Reset takes these concepts to the next level, by introducing the perfect supplements to balance the body’s chemistry, remove toxins and reset digestion, and rejuvenate your health, in a 3 phase approach (3 week period).  It also includes the entire meal plan and recipes and shopping lists to take the guess work out of it. For more info on the Ultimate Reset, visit my page MyUltimateReset  or contact me at KAREN for more information!

I was getting great results with my workout programs and Shakeology, but couldn’t lose that last tiny bit of stubborn stomach bulge, so after talking to friends who had completed the reset with awesome results, I decided to give it a try.   What I found was: amazing new recipes, a new love of cooking, and a healthier and skinnier me than I had never known before!


Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll share my ultimate reset story in photos. 


Homemade Miso Soup
 In week one I discovered I could cook! I made Miso soup for the first time, and also fell in love with making homemade salad dressings, and toasting my own pumpkin seeds for salads.  So easy and so delicious, and all natural ingredients.
The Southwest Veggie Taco was delicious

Nori Rolls - look I made Sushi!
 I was beyond thrilled with myself when I made Nori rolls, and not only did they turn out well, they were delicious.  I have since inspired other friends to make their own sushi rolls at home.

I enjoyed delicious Stir Fried veggies
I didn't have to give up my healthiest meal of the day during the reset either, as Vegan Shakeology is one of the foods on the reset.



Yummy Root Vegetable Medley

I didn't love every new food that I tried on the reset, it's clear that beets will never be a staple in my kitchen, but I stuck to the meal plan and didn't cheat or substitute foods, so that I could expand my palette and get the full benefit of the reset and the recipes. 


Week 2 Meals
Week 2 introduced one of my favorite recipes from the entire reset, the sweet potato and roasted red pepper soup.  I adore that soup! I even served it to friends who would come over for dinner, yes my friends got to eat like they were on the reset too, except they got a cocktail with dinner.    The reset does not include alcohol, and I gave it up for the full 21 days, even during my sister's Birthday weekend.  I was the gal at the bar chugging her mineralized water! 


the Zucchini Cashew soup from week 1 was another favorite, and I amazed myself at how domestic I was, whipping up healthy and delicious soups and salad dressings like nobody's business!





Completing the Ultimate Reset was satisfying on many levels, and my results of losing 8 pounds, when I was already at my goal weight, only goes to show that sometimes you do need to Push The Reset Button! 




In 21 days, through clean eating and a natural cleanse, I went from 122.2 pounds to 114.6 pounds, and had never felt better!





Post Reset - Feeling my best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment